10 Interesting Facts on William Shakespeare
Here are some interesting fact on Shakespeare that might surprise you. For more facts, see: http://quazen.com/reference/10-more-facts-about-william-shakespeare/
- He was the one that created the word “assassinate”.
- 400 years after his death, there were 15 million pages of him on Google. In comparison, there are 135 million for God, 2.7 million for Elvis Presley, and 14.7 million for George Bush.
- He acted in his own plays.
- His family was mostly illiterate, meaning that they didn’t know how to read or write.
- All of his plays casted men only. What happened in Romeo and Juliet?
- A conspiracy led to many thinking that he was gay, because many of his plays seemed to be inspired by love for a young man.
- He married a 26 year old Anne Hathaway, when he was just 18.
- Shakespeare referred to the ceilings of the stage as “The Heavens”.
- Upon his grave, is inscribed:
Good frend for Iesvs sake forbeare,
To digg the dvst encloased heare.
Blest be ye man yt spares thes stones,
And cvrst be he yt moves my bones.
- Buried beside him are his wife, Anne Hathaway, and Thomas Nash, his grandson-in-law, or the man that married his granddaughter, Elizabeth Hall.
For more facts, see: http://quazen.com/reference/10-more-facts-about-william-shakespeare/